Early on in the trip to Slovenia and Croatia, I hinted to pay attention as there might be a quiz. So hear you go blog readers. Even if you weren’t there for any of it ….this is open book, or open blog in this case. Look for the words in bold in each question. That is a hint about which blog post to look for the answer.
And why would you want to do this? Well yes there are prizes, those of you who missed out on winning the Slovenian Food Quiz have a chance at redemption and it will be good for your brain. Certainly it’s got to be more fun than the work you should be doing right?!
Your answers can be put in the comments section. Cheaters who so much as glance at other participants answers will be forced to cycle long mountain passes in pouring rain in Slovenia…which is now very cold I might add and could well be snow. Ties will be settled with a draw. A prize also to the person with the most creative answers. Let the games begin……
1) I lost my passport in this city in Slovenia, along with having a cardiac arrest. What is the name of the city?
2) This magical lake where Rapunzel and other fairy tale characters live, has a church with 99 steps that grooms carried their brides up on the wedding day. ( Dave refused another vow renewal. Such a poor sport.) What is the name of the lake?
3) What the —— is the structure on the left hand side of the photo? ( Dilapidated, falling down wooden thing is not the correct answer……creative…….but not correct.)
4) These colorful structures looking vaguely like an abandoned circus caravan, are commonly seen in Slovenia. What could they bee?
5) Here is a postcard shot.This little church in the middle of a Slovenian mountain range had it’s bell rung and sent the entire cycling crew scurrying like children caught playing a prank on the teacher. What was the nationality of the bell ringer?
6) This statue in Split Croatia reminded us of what Harry Potter character? ‘iPad man’ as we fondly called him was part of our last stop before heading to the south tip of the country.
7) We took the ferry one day from Split, Croatia to cycle on a nearby island. The photo below shows the action. What is the name of the island? ( Blow Your Mind-Not a Speck of Shade -Frying Menopausal Woman-Island is almost correct )
8) We had a surprise stop in this country. ( No smart cracks about how one can end up in the wrong country while completely awake and alert.) Where did we go?
9) In this Croatian city, with the help of Rick Steves, we did a scavenger hunt and found two fabulous ‘hole in the wall drinking establishments’ named Buza 1 and Buza 2. ( Truth be told there may have been some stumbling involved in the second find ) What is the name of the city?
10) Where was our first cycling trip four years ago? Here’s a hint….and a little exercise for your finger….Go to the home page on the blog, scroll to the bottom where the answer awaits.
The winner will be announced in a couple of weeks along with the reveal of the amazing and astounding prizes.Have you ever dreamed of winning a trip to Europe or a convertible to travel around North America? You may have to enter another contest for those. Who’s in anyway?